- ABOUT – Tall type. An unusual variety producing yellow pear shaped fruits. Vigorous and productive over a long season. A delicious and tangy flavoured tomato.
- SUITABLE FOR – Vegetable plot, raised beds, container garden, greenhouse
- SPECIFICATIONS – Type : Heritage variety, Position : Full sun, Height : 200cm, Spread : 30cm, Harvest : July – first frost for indoor growing. August – first frost for outdoor growing.
- Genuine Groseeds seed packets can only be despatched and sold by Groseeds. Supplied in foil lined, re-sealable kraft finished branded packets. APHA registered. UK based company.
- GIVING BACK – ‘Seeds for You – Water for Another.’ Each seed packet provides 7 days of clean, safe drinking water to 1 person in Malawi, Africa.
INDOOR SOWING – Sow tomato seeds in trays or pots. Leave at least 2-3 cm between each seed, cover with fine compost and water well. Ensure enough heat is introduced for fast germination. As soon as germination has started move the tray to an area with good daylight exposure, a windowsill or heated greenhouse is ideal. The heat should be reduced a little.
After 3 – 4 weeks the seedlings will need pricking out into 5 cm pots. Hold the fragile seedling by its leaves to protect it from root and stem damage. Sink one seedling into a deep hole in the compost so that its lowest leaves are just above compost level. Firm the compost around each seedling and water well.
Position the pots back on the windowsill or warm greenhouse to grow on. 10 – 14 days later re-pot into 8 – 10 cm pots, sink the stems again if needed.
Keep the compost moist but do not overwater. When the risk of frost has passed and the tomato plants are growing strong plant out into their final growing position. Harden off over 7 – 10 days.
FURTHER GROWING INSTRUCTIONS – Sowing instructions on the packet. Full sowing, growing and harvesting instructions on our website
OUR PROMISE TO YOU – All seeds despatched and sold by GROSEEDS come with a 1 year money back guarantee.
** WARNING – Sometimes product listing pages on Amazon get hijacked by sellers who claim to be selling the authentic brand. As we are the manufacturer and the sole seller of the Groseeds brand this product should only be despatched and sold by Groseeds. To ensure you are purchasing an authentic product as described in this listing please ensure when you add this product to your basket that it is ‘Despatched and Sold By – Groseeds’. Regrettably we are unable to honour our 1 year guarantee if the product was not despatched and sold by Groseeds.**
Care should be taken when handling seeds. Some may be harmful if eaten or may cause irritation to skin.