- Dig or till the carrot bed deeply when the soil is on the dry side to avoid making lumps. Work the soil to a fine texture 10-15cm.
- Sow seed thinly in rows, 1cm (1/2 in.) deep, 20-30cm between the rows as soon as the danger of hard frost has passed.
- Keep weeded and watered. Dispose of any thinned seedlings to avoid attracting Carrot Fly.
- As they grow, push soil up over any exposed roots to prevent a green shoulder.
- “Soil Association” registered and certified Organic – AP22387. Full growing instructions found below in the product description.
A popular Heirloom French market variety producing good harvests of small round golf-ball sized, well flavoured carrots (2.5-4 cm in diameter) that matures extra early. Ideal for shallow or heavy soils and container planting. Cover shoulders to prevent greening and to reduce exposure to carrot fly. Companion planting with salad onions or dwarf marigolds help to reduce carrot fly problems.