- Reliable mid season blueberry with large fruit, shorter growing than other varieties making it more suitable for the patio and containers.
- Creamy/pink flowers in spring that are loved by bees
- Self fertile – only one plant needed – but fruiting is improved by planting 2 different varieties
- Plant 3 foot apart, height up to 4 ft. Best in acid soil rich in peat or leaf mould. Suitable for containers
- Fruit high in vitamins and antioxidants
Bluecrop is a reliable and heavy cropping variety of blueberry. It will reach a height of up to 4 ft and plants should be planted 3 foot apart. It is self fertile but fruiting is improved if planted with other varieties. Creamy flowers appear in spring and these are very popular with bees. The familiar blueberries can be picked from Julyonwards. Best grown in acid soil, a top dressing with peat or leaf mould each year will help, alternately they can be grown in containers. Water with rain water were possible. Plants supplied in 9cm pot.